Thursday, October 18, 2012

Gareth Pugh Teams Up With Elton John

While I was searching the fashion news I found this really awesome article in britsh vogue
Gareth Pugh has designed a portable bar for the Grey Goose Winter Ball to benefit the Elton John AIDS foundation.

The bespoke design by Gareth Pugh has a a form of a black unfolding cube and will be auctioned at the musician's annual ball on Saturday November 10, with all proceeds going to the charity. 

"The brief was incredibly open, which for me was great," said Pugh. "All I had to do was keep it small - small enough for it to sit comfortably in someone's home - and of course to leave some room in there for a bottle of vodka. I had complete free reign. I love how it unfolds from a simple understated solid black box, into different facets and compartments- it's very chic!"
"I actually always like to begin with a cube - it's like my natural starting point; my blank canvas if you like," he explained. "How that evolves differs greatly from project to project and it's usually about evolving it outwards - exploding the shape. It just so happened that the cube was perfect for my bar idea, so it was then more about considering the space within the solid shape, and making that work on a practical level, which was definitely an interesting process."
"Like the look of the bar, I wanted something very simple and stripped-back- no bells and whistles," he said. "So, we're doing a simple, classic - and perhaps quite hardcore - vodka over ice, but we're also going to include some optional flavouring additions with it too in case you want to jazz it up a bit - something take the edge off."

Tickets are available to purchase from  EJAF.COM with all proceeds going torwards the foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...