Monday, October 1, 2012

BAG DESIGNER: NASHA MEKRAKSAVANICH




While I am passing the days in Paris and specifically in Atelier Debbas I interviewed one of the designers! her name is Nasha Mekruksavanich. So…

Who is Nasha Mekraksavanich?

Well… My name is Nasha Mekraksavanich, which is also the name of my brand. I am from Bangkok, Thailand and I started to design bags about a year ago. I enjoy doing it a lot! I didn’t have plans to design bags because my passion was for shoes! So, that’s why I went to Italy to Istituto Marangoni  to study shoes pattern making. Then I realized that maybe it’s a better idea to start with bags and... here I am!

 
What is the inspiration of your Spring/Summer 2013 collection?

My inspiration always comes from architecture… For this collection I was inspired from my trip in Barcelona, Spain. I saw the very organic forms of the architects and my curiosity was “How would it be like if I interpret them to geometric shape ? "

Tell me a must-have piece of your collection.

My must-have piece would be a clutch "Etienne". It comes with a touch of evening bag but the proportion makes it also a day bag so its a bag you can wear all the day! The edge protester parts are handmade by solid brass and handcraft with a wooden effect. Its my signature piece!

What do you prefer to wear in your everyday life?

My everyday life is super easy but honestly these days I found out that pyjamas are more comfortable! haha!
Well, I am not dressing up with uncomfortable clothes and I really like the oversize clothes sometimes even menswear. So if sometimes feel like dressing up formal I put on some jewels. So then its like pyjamas + menswear+jewelry !?

NASHA


 

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered the bags today at luisaviaroma - really beautiful bags. Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...